For those of you that are not fans of drinking basic water, there are a plethora of beverages and foods to help keep you hydrated. Embracing the superfood of the month and enjoying this fantastic Watermelon Cucumber & Basil Salad with Pumpkin Seeds is just one way to keep that H2O level up.
Portion: ½ cup
- 1 ¼ cups Watermelon, Cubed 1”
- 2 Tbsp Pumpkin Seeds, Hulled
- ¾ tsp Fresh Serrano Peppers, Seeded, Sliced ¼”
- ¾ cup English Cucumbers
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger Root, Grated
- 1 tsp Fresh Garlic Cloves, Chopped
- 2 tsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Prep all the ingredients. Toss together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dressing. Drizzle over top of the melon mixture and toss gently.
- Calories - 70
- Total Fat - 3.5g
- Sat Fat - 0.5g
- Total Carb - 9g
- Protein - 3g
- Dietary Fiber - 1g
- Sodium - 85mg
The superfood for July is one in a melon. Only kidding, it’s just one in twelve but in case you want to dive deeper into this fruit, I have some juicy information for you.
I have some pretty eggciting facts coming your way. Eggs are a great source of complete protein, meaning they contain all 9 essential amino acids. This makes them extremely bioavailable, which means a great portion or 100% of the protein is available for the body to use.